Just days after announcing actor Josh Brolin will provide the vocals for Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel seems to have started its early screening process for the film with Latino-Review already posting up a review of the summer blockbuster nearly two months before its official release.
While the site goes on to publish minor spoilers, it also praises the film for its comedic approach and great character development, while stating Bradley Cooper’s work as Rocket “steals the show.” Here is a brief breakdown of the review:
“A great movie, as it turns out. Granted, the effects aren’t done and a lot can change between now and August, but if they keep on the track they’re going, it will be solid. I don’t want to spoil the fun, so here are few things that surprised me:
• Unlike any other Marvel movie. A lot more comedic than expected.
• Ronan, Nebula and Yondu look amazing
• The prison escape sequence is brilliant
• As expected, lots of neat easter eggs in The Collector’s collection, including a cosmic puppy
• Rocket steals the show. Bradley Cooper’s voice is perfect.
• But that doesn’t mean the others don’t shine – they do, especially Drax. I was impressed with how well you knew most of the characters by the end.
• The soundtrack plays a huge part, both in the setting ton and being part of the story.
• You find out where Peter Quill and the team get their names.
Bottom line: it’s not perfect. There are parts that drag, some action sequences that aren’t as strong as one might hope, and some puzzling/unexplained motivations. The good news is that there’s time to fix these things and, even if they don’t solve everything, it’ll still be a lot of fun. No matter what, I will absolutely be in line to go see it opening day.”
Sounds promising. Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters on August 1st.
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.