It’s been weeks since we last saw the Samsung Galaxy S5 in person and heard full details on the next-gen Android powerhouse. Though unfortunately, we didn’t get any info on pre-orders and pricing. AT&T looks to be the first major wireless carrier to give up the deets, announcing it will start taking reservations for the GS5 today at ATT.com or AT&T stores–with shipping being handled for early April.
The GS5 will run for $200 via two-year contract and $25 per month under the AT&T Next 18 program. Full pricing is said to be $650 without a contract. AT&T also goes on to list some of the handset’s prominent features as well, which you can take a look at below.
– Colors: Charcoal Black and Shimmery White
– Display: Brilliant 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED® display, wide viewing angles and Multi Window capability
– Memory: 2 GB RAM and 16 GBs internal storage3 with microSD support up to 128GB
– 50GB free storage: Available with AT&T Locker for AT&T Mobile Share Value customers – Camera: 16 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus for ultra-fast focus times to never miss a moment
– Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
– Processor: 2.5 GHz quad core Battery: 2,800 mAh
– Size: 72.5 x 142 x 8.1mm
– Weight: 145g
– Security: Built-in fingerprint sensor unlocks and locks to provide secure password protection
– S Health™4: Newly integrated platform lets you track nutrition, fitness and wellness, and includes the world’s first Heart Rate Sensor integrated into a smartphone
T-Mobile will follow shortly after by allowing subscribers to pre-order the device on March 24th at $0 down with 24 equal monthly payments. CEO John Legere built on the anticipation by saying the following:
This thing is so hot we’ve already seen over a half a million pre-registrations for the Galaxy S 5. That’s a lot of very smart people grabbing this opportunity to pay nothing down, save more than a grand over the life of the other guys’ contracts, and have T-Mobile pay off every penny of their family’s early termination fees. It’s a brilliant move.
Sprint and Verizon have yet to share any time frames on when either will take Galaxy S5 pre-orders, but we expect it to be sometime next week. Which carrier model are you jumping on?