- Achievement List
- Achievement Difficulty
As a new week is upon us, we take a look at a new major release coming to the achievement universe. This time, it is the new Insomniac Games Xbox One-exclusive, Sunset Overdrive. The game is coming into high expectations and this open world, goofy apocalyptic game will hopefully prove to be a great success. So what are the achievements like?
Quickly, for those wondering, no there is no trophies attached to this as it is an Xbox exclusive. I know that is obvious but if you are like me and you googled “Sunset Overdrive Trophies” you get a message that is not so nice.
Anyways, so the achievements for this game are actually rather peculiar. While there are the standard killing achievements like “Orange Soda,” there are some curve balls like “Ultra Mega Kill” ; this achievement simply says “That was a lot of pigeons.”… What? These kind of achievements can be a lot of fun discovering and amazingly annoying all at the same time. While they don’t spoon feed you directions, the achievement does lend itself to be a story driven achievement. Maybe the pigeons are a clue!? I love those achievements.
Moving on from the confusing, there could be some difficulty to the achievement “I Should Get Paid For This”. This achievement has you beat the Insomniac teams high score in a challenge. We don’t know what the challenge is yet, but anytime there is an achievement to beat a previously set high score, it is going to be annoying.
Along with this score breaking achievement, the Chaos Squad achievements could prove to be difficult for those who aren’t as patient as the game would need you to be. Surviving for a long time in a difficult manor can always be difficult and challenging for the restless.
Overall, Sunset Overdrive features a helluva lot of small point achievements, rather easy to follow ones at that. A lot of them feature killing and a lot of them feature story driven content so don’t be surprised to hit around 70% complete just by finishing all there is to do in the game. This achievement list will have you farming a bit and certainly will take you for a ride while you grind to kill the OD but will never challenge those looking for just a good fun ride.
Look for Sunset Overdrive to not only be a fun and interesting new IP, but also a fairly straightforward set of achievements to unlock.
Sunset Overdrive comes out on October 28th to the Xbox One.
Orange Soda (15G)
- 5,000 OD’d Massacred.
- Complete an optional Night Defense without losing any of your Overcharge.
The Floor is Lava (10G)
- Chain together 100 traversal moves without stopping or touching the ground.
Stylish Kills (5G)
- Kill 500 enemies while at Style Level 3.
Let Me Count the Ways (5G)
- Burn, Shock, Freeze, or Enrage 1000 enemies.
- Upgrade one of your guns to Level 5.
Many Favorites (30G)
- Upgrade 10 guns to Level 5.
I Like Them All (30G)
- Upgrade 20 guns to Level 5.
Amped Up (10G)
- Equip five AMPs on your character at the same time.
- Earn an Amp upgrade in Chaos Squad.
- Earn a badge.
Who is Sending These? (10G)
- Loot 25 emergency supply drops.
Can’t Commit (5G)
- Equip one piece of clothing from each Faction at the same time.
The 0.1% (10G)
- Spend at least 25,000 Overcharge.
- You earned an achievement.
- Watch the credits all the way through.
Oh the Horror! (30G)
- Survive Horror Night.
Dusk Til Dawn (30G)
- Survive one night at your Fort.
Buck National (20G)
- Become a reality TV star.
Plan B (35G)
- Survive the glider crash and look for another way out of Sunset City.
That Balloon (20G)
- You killed a balloon.
Scout’s Honor (35G)
- Become an honorary Troop Member by finding Bryllcream and defeating Norton.
Ultra Mega Kill (20G)
- That was a lot of pigeons.
Save Everyone (35G)
- Save Sunset City from Fizzco’s second-most powerful robot.
- You forged the mythical Excalamune.
This is My City Now (50G)
- You beat the final Fizzco corporate machine.
Not So Secret Ingredient (25G)
- Get to the bottom of Fizzco’s corporate secrets.
Roleplay While Roleplaying (10G)
- Reach Level 99 in Ignatius’ epic RPG campaign.
Vat Pack Rat (20G)
- Upgrade the Overcharge vats at every Fort.
Ultimate Collection (20G)
- Liberate all the comic books for the comic book collector.
Defender of the Realm (20G)
- Clear Fargarthia of a hidden evil.
- Take back Sunset City for the misfit survivors.
Equal Opportunity (15G)
- Complete a quest from every faction.
A Challenger Appears (10G)
- Complete 10 challenges with at least a bronze rating.
Second Place (10G)
- Complete 30 challenges with at least a silver rating.
The Champion (10G)
- Complete 50 challenges with a gold rating.
Chaos in the Old Factory (25G)
- Survive Chaos Squad in the Old Factory District with at least 150 Chaos.
Chaos in Little Tokyo (25G)
- Survive Chaos Squad in Little Tokyo District with at least 325 Chaos.
Chaos in the Harbor District (25G)
- Survive Chaos Squad in the Harbor District with at least 750 Chaos.
Chaos in Downtown (25G)
- Survive Chaos Squad in Downtown District with at least 1625 Chaos.
Orange Soda II (15G)
- 15,000 OD’d massacred.
Grind Kills (5G)
- Kill 100 enemies while grinding.
Bounce Kills (5G)
- Kill 100 enemies while bouncing or while in the air.
Trap Kills (5G)
- Kill 500 enemies with traps.
Flung to Safety (5G)
- Kill 100 enemies by flinging them into danger using the Springboard Trap.
Grind Melee (5G)
- Melee 50 enemies while grinding.
Out of Stock (10G)
- Destroy 250 Overcharge XT vending machines.
Crash Landing (10G)
- Destroy 25 Fizzco Blimps just because you can.
- Unlock an Overdrive.
More Overdrive (30G)
- Unlock at least one Rank 4 Overdrive.
- Collect all 40 Smartphones.
- Find all 20 secret sightseeing locations in Sunset City.
Big Brother (10G)
- Destroy all 150 Fizzco security cameras.
Wire Tapping (10G)
- Eavesdrop on nine conversations by hacking into satellites.
It’s Art, Ok? (10G)
- Deface 40 billboards with graffiti.
Shoe Closet (10G)
- Collect all 150 shoes hanging from wires.
Going to Need a Bigger Closet (10G)
- Collect 250 fashion items.
I Should Get Paid for This (25G)
- Beat Insomniac QA’s high score of 534,080 on the Challenge “Buck’s Revenge.”
- Replay any Mission and complete it under par.
Not the Boss of Me (5G)
- Replay the final mission and defeat the boss under par.
What’s Your Sign? (10G)
- Collect all 150 Overcharge hologram signs.
Hot Air (10G)
- Collect all 150 Fizzie balloons.
- Collect all 150 scraps of toilet paper.
Mixology 101 (10G)
- Collect 20 Amps from Floyd.