- Achievement List
- Achievement Difficulty
Here at Evolve, we are always trying to provide dynamic content for our readers. Now, we are going to try something new, an achievement/trophy spotlight of sorts. The general idea is that we will provide the list of achievements/trophies for upcoming games and provide commentary on the whole experience.
For the sake of transparency here at Evolve, we will be mostly referring to the achievements and trophies as achievements. Rest assured, if there are separate trophies from the achievement list or there are variants for the trophy platform, we will be sure to let you know!
We plan on providing commentary on those achievements that would prove to be difficult and we will tell you an overall idea of what to expect from this achievement list. If you are at all an achievement/trophy hunter, be sure to check out these quick bits from Evolve!
Before we start, it is worth pointing out the scale for evaluating achievement lists. The star system that you see on the top will be determined by the overall difficulty of the achievements; The higher the grade, the harder the achievement list is. As for how we determine difficulty… well… it will be based on if the average gamer can accomplish this task. For instance, “Mile High Club” from Call of Duty 4 would be considered a virtually impossible achievement to obtain. With that scale and information out of the way, here is the first to the Achievement Breakdown series of features, Sleeping Dogs: The Definitive Edition!
Sleeping Dogs: The Definitive Edition, will release on October 14th. Sleeping Dogs, the surprise smash hit from 2012, is finally getting its HD remake for the Xbox One and PS4. Clearly Square Enix learned from Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us remake and decided that remakes could, in fact, make the experience better. This time around, Sleeping Dogs will include all the DLC from 2012 and include much more in depth graphics options for the current-gen consoles.
Story aside, we are here to talk about achievements, so here we go! Square Enix certainly didn’t want to disappoint their fans so right off the bat we have an achievement like, “A Slap In The Face”. This achievement has you kill someone with a fish. Just down home fun.
Great for the fans of achievements, Sleeping Dog’s achievements seem to be all tied to over completion of the game. Featuring some expanded achievements like “Safe Driver” and “Sharpshooter”, Sleeping Dogs has very generous and completion tied achievements.
This proves to be the highlight of the achievement list. While most achievement lists featured variants of the “completion” of the game, Sleeping Dogs really has no overly difficult achievements and just has you play as much as possible by collecting everything and completing the game beyond the story.
Beyond the scope of Xbox achievements, there are a few exclusive platinum trophies but these are just obtained from completing the rest of the trophies, something very standard in the trophy universe.
Overall, Sleeping Dogs: The Definitive Edition seems to expand of the great success of the first one and provide achievement/trophy hunters just one more excuse to pick up this wonderful game. Featuring no extremely hard achievements and very simple, story driven achievements, Sleeping Dogs will prove to be one of the easier achievement experiences as of late.
A Slap in the Face (10G/Bronze)
- Kill someone with a fish.
Auto Enthusiast (10G/Bronze)
- Purchase all vehicles.
Bounty Hunter (20G/Bronze)
- Complete all of Roland’s outstanding loan collections.
Case Closed (30G/Silver)
- Complete all cases.
Central Scavenger (20G/Bronze)
- Unlock every lockbox in Central.
Chief Inspector (75G/Gold)
- Complete 100% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Complete 50% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
- Perform 5 unique environmental kills.
Event Driven (20G/Bronze)
- Complete half of the open world events.
Event Planner (15G/Bronze)
- Complete all of the open world events.
Fashion Statement (10G/Bronze)
- Change all your clothes in your wardrobe or a clothing store.
Fashion Victim (15G/Bronze)
- Purchase all clothing.
- Try 10 different foods or drinks.
- Pick a lock, plant a bug, trace a phone, crack a safe, and take over a spy camera.
Gaining Face (25G/Bronze)
- Achieve face level 5.
Gold Rush (10G/Bronze)
- Achieve 5 Gold Stat Awards.
Golden Touch (30G/Silver)
- Achieve 15 Gold Stat Awards.
Great Face (50G/Bronze)
- Achieve face level 10.
Gun Nut (15G/Bronze)
- Use 10 different firearms to defeat enemies.
Hong Kong Super Hacker (15G/Bronze)
- Hack every security camera in the game.
- Win 50,000 on a single cockfight.
Karaoke Superstar (10G/Bronze)
- Achieve 90% and above for all songs at the karaoke bars in HK.
- Hijack 5 trucks and collect their cargo.
Man Around Town (20G/Bronze)
- Visit Aberdeen, Central, Kennedy Town and North Point.
Minor Face (5G/Bronze)
- Achieve face level 2.
Mr. Nice Guy (30G/Silver)
- Complete all favors.
North Point Scavenger (20G/Bronze)
- Unlock every lockbox in North Point.
- Complete 25% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
Pure Gold (60G/Gold)
- Achieve 30 Gold Stat Awards.
- Complete 10% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races.
Safe Driver (20G/Bronze)
- Cruise for 2 minutes straight without damaging your car.
- Shoot out a cop’s tires while fleeing in a police chase.
Slight Silver (5G/Bronze)
- Achieve 5 Silver Stat Awards.
Solid Silver (35G/Silver)
- Achieve 30 Silver Stat Awards.
Spiritual Healing (15G/Bronze)
- Pray at all of the health shrines.
Strike Gold (5G/Bronze)
- Achieve 1 Gold Stat Award.
- Successfully perform an action hijack.
Substantial Silver (15G/Bronze)
- Achieve 15 Silver Stat Awards.
Super Cop (15G/Bronze)
- Unlock ten cop upgrades.
Take a Bite out of Crime (10G/Bronze)
- Complete a case.
- Win a bet on a cockfight.
Ultimate Fighter (15G/Bronze)
- Unlock ten triad upgrades.
Wei of the Road (15G/Bronze)
- Complete all street races.
West End Scavenger (20G/Bronze)
- Unlock every lockbox in Kennedy Town and Aberdeen.
Whatever’s Handy (15G/Bronze)
- Use 10 different melee weapons to defeat enemies.
Secret Achievements/Hidden Trophies:
A Big Betrayal (35G/Silver)
- Complete ‘Dockyard Heist’.
Big Smiles All Around (50G/Silver)
- Complete ‘Big Smile Lee’.
In With the Gang (5G/Bronze)
- Complete ‘Night Market Chase’.
Martial Law (15G/Bronze)
- Defeat all 4 martial arts clubs.
That’ll Show ’em (20G/Bronze)
- Complete ‘Payback’
Hong Kong Legend (Platinum)
- Earn all the Sleeping Dogs trophies to unlock this platinum trophy.
Nightmare in North Point:
Ghosts and Stuff (20G/Silver)
- Complete all secondary content.
Cursed Gold (15G/Bronze)
- Achieve 5 Gold Awards.
Hell Money (25G/Silver)
- Find all the money shrines.
Pet Cemetery (15G/Bronze)
- Send Dogeyes, Ratface and Ponytail back to hell.
I Can Haz Banishment (50G/Gold)
- Banish Smiley Cat.
Year of the Snake Pack
Bomb Squad (15/Bronze)
- Complete the first mission.
Cult Master (50/Gold)
- Defeat the cultists.
Hong Kong’s Finest (20/Silver)
- Complete all secondary content.
Goodie Monster (15/Bronze)
- Find all the evidence collectible.
This achievement/trophy list earns 3 stars out of 5 due to its easy nature and being tied mainly to the story.